JOAN POLISHOOK, artist

I welcome you, one and all to my blog and share with you my passion for country as depicted in many of my award winning landscapes. It is pure joy to paint en plein air in this wonderful and picturesque state of Pennsylvania where I live. Mother Nature's Studio is all around me, and inspires me throughout the year's changing seasons.

My career as an artist has been a journey down many roads experimenting with a variety of mediums and creative techniques. As my hand guides my paintbrush it is my basic love of nature that always prevails. One sees in my country scenes, whether created with oil, acrylic, watercolor or ink, on paper or canvas, style and a mood.

Selected paintings and drawings are on permanent display at Grey Towers NHL in Milford, PA and the Dorflinger-Suydam Sanctuary in White Mills. I have had solo shows at the Dutot Museum in Delaware Water Gap, Kettle Creek, Golden Fish and Looking Glass Galleries, and the Gallery at Chant Realtors, Lords Valley. My work has been exhibited at the PA state capital, the Chautauqua Institute, the Westfield, NJ Art Association, and The Art Loft in Mayville, New York. My work has travelled into private art collections in the US and abroad. I have been awarded numerous prizes through participation in juried shows; my work has appeared on posters, the covers of magazines and in newspapers.

It was from the City University of New York that I received my BA in Art, and I was a teacher of early childhood classes before retiring to pursue my art interests full-time. To see more of the my work, visit the gallery page of my website at:
http://www.joanpolishook-art.com/

Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.